Thursday, July 5, 2012

IBA National Parks Tour (NPT)

So, I think I caught a new bug.  We will see on Saturday when the adventure begins with knocking 8 states off of the IBA National Parks Tour challenge list.

I read John Ryan's blog at http://longerfasterstronger.wordpress.com, and started to total up my park admission fees for my upcoming trip out west.  There was a single line in John's blog that really struck me.

"The Iron Butt Association’s National Parks Tours are the best way for people who don’t enjoy 1,000 or 1,500 mile days to earn an IBA membership, and are probably the best way to earn that membership overall."
Technically, I have already earned my IBA membership, thought I have a long way to go in my personal goals.  Coming from a guy with that much "cred" behind him, that sentence gnawed at me for a few weeks.  So, the route remains similar, and all the states are still being hit for my map, but now a new challenge has been added.  The IBA National Parks Tour challenge.

Where I live, the 50 stamps would be an easy accomplishments.  Not even up to the challenge status, except for that little gem of a caveat.  25 states.  That changes the ballgame and this trip is a perfect opportunity to level the playing field.

This weekend starts the clock on 365 days to complete the challenge.   It is also a great excuse to go see my brother in NH.    Spotwalla track below will show my progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment